The Magazine of Lenton Local History Society

Lenton Infants School

Previously Lenton Board Infants School & Lenton Council Infants School


Photographs | Memories | Map


The building that housed Lenton Infants School was originally the Lenton Unsectarian School which was funded by public subscription and which opened in 1874. After Lenton became part of Nottingham in 1877 the school building was handed over to the Nottingham School Board. The Infants School housed in this building remained the province of the Nottingham School Board until responsibility for local schools passed to Nottingham Council in 1902. Lenton Infants School remained a separate school until it was merged with Lenton Junior School in 1969 and together they became Lenton Primary School. At this point the Infant Department moved across the road and thereafter their former building was used as the Nursery Unit attached to Edna G. Olds School.

For PRIMARY school photographs from 1970 click here


Photographs


1874 to 1902


Photograph by Freda Dyer

1899


1903 to 1929


Photograph by Madeleine Fairbrother

c.1914


1930 to 1939


Photograph by June M Mills

Letter donated by Pam Alsop (nee Snelling)

Certificate donated by Pam Alsop (nee Snelling)

1932

1939

1939

Report donated by Pam Alsop (nee Snelling)

1939


1940 to 1949


Photograph submitted by Ian Carney

Photograph courtesy of Brian Cross

1948

1949


1950 to 1959


Photograph submitted by Eileen Swain

1950


Photograph submitted by Colin Jackson

1951


Photograph courtesy of Alan S Austin

Photograph courtesy of Lenton Local History Society.

1952

1952


Photograph submitted by Jim Higgins

Photograph submitted by Colin Jackson

Photograph submitted by Steve Ley

1953

1953

1953

Photograph courtesy of Brian Cross

Photograph submitted by Keith Pinfold

1953

1953


Photograph submitted by Colin Jackson

Photograph submitted by Colin Jackson

Photograph submitted by Jim Higgins

1954

1954

1954


Photograph Courtesy of Sherry Sidsaff

Photograph Courtesy of Ian Hardy

Photograph Courtesy of Peter Swallow

1955

1955

1955


Photograph Courtesy of Ian Hardy

Photograph submitted by Marian Heather Folland (nee Jackson)

Photograph submitted by David Carnell

1956

c.1956

1956

Photograph submitted by Marian Heather Folland (nee Jackson)

1956


Photograph donated by Ted Marriott

Photo donated by Sheila Wheatcroft (sister of Janice Smith)

Photograph supplied by John Haywood

1957

1957

1957

Photograph submitted by Marian Heather Folland (nee Jackson)

1957


Photograph donated by Roy Kruze

Photograph donated by Steve Litchfield.

Photograph donated by John Rawson.

1958

1958

1958


Photograph donated by Roy Kruze.

Photograph courtesy of John Haywood

1959

1959


1960 to 1969


Photograph donated by Gordon Jackson.

Photograph submitted by Gordon Jackson.

Photograph donated by Annette Fletcher.

1960

1961

1965

Photograph donated by Annette Fletcher.

Photograph donated by Eunice Kirk (nee May)

Photograph donated by David Carnell, brother of Susan Pilkington (nee Carnell).

1966

1966

1967


For PRIMARY school photographs from 1970 click here


Memories

Let us know your memories of Lenton Infants School



Do you have any historical information or other photographs of this school? If so, email us with the details or write to us.




All material on this site not covered by other copyright and not explicitly marked as public domain is © Lenton Times 2010 and must not be used without permission